Working with one of my clients this week, she said something so many of us say.
“I want to do X, but I don’t have time.”
In more detail, she said:
“But, I really want to start doing educational materials, like reading up on nutrition, but I can’t find the time.”
My response was:
“I don’t schedule my webinars, learning, etc. I just get really good at mastering my to do list actions for the day and those things I want to do, start to flow.”
I know that’s hard to believe, but you have to master the black and white items to let the colors seep into the seems.
The good news is, it doesn’t take long.
Here’s a quick process you can use this week:
- Make Your To Do list
- Create a long or short list of all the cool things you want to do
- When you’ve finished 4 items on your to do list for the day, or a reasonable amount – start to play with the fun list.
“Oh but Gabi, I don’t have time!” You say.
Yes, you do, if you will do just one of these things, I promise you’ll find an hour back in your life:
- Put your cell phone away while you work (Try 45 minutes focus, 15 minute response time)
- Don’t look at social media until you’re done working (Seriously)
- Meditate (When you get overwhelmed, pause for 5 minutes with no cell)
- Bring the stuff with you (You never know when you’ll get delayed!)
Here’s me bringing a “Start the Right Business” workbook to my hair appointment. Always have a book in your bag, and a notebook or two in the car.
Most importantly, and I am victim of this too, Don’t procrastinate or cry about how long it’s going to take. You can’t TRY to do it, you just gotta do it. Don’t make a list – do the first thing. You know?
The quote that gets my ass in gear is by Yogi B who says, “When the pressure is on, start, and the pressure will be off.
NOW, GO KILL IT!